What Is The Best Exercise Program For You?
There is so much conflicting information about what exercise program is best for you. It is all so overwhelming. The MOST important thing to remember is that you have to do it, consistently.
Do you HATE running with a passion? Why would you try to do a running program then? (unless you enjoy doing hard things, there is a lot of value in that for sure).
However, especially if we are just trying to get started, the first step is to get a coach. This coach can help you filter out all of the BS information and help you make decisions that are best for YOU.
A good exercise program is one that you do! We do want a well rounded program, but it can vary depending on your goals. If your goal is overall health and longevity then we want to touch on all 10 general physical skills which are:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
If you are not addressing one or multiple of the 10, you are missing components of fitness and will not be well rounded.
The key to remember here is to do what you enjoy, if that’s CrossFit, awesome, if not that is okay too, try yoga, biking, running, swimming, zumba or even a combination of all.
Find what you enjoy and do it consistently.
Are you ready to hire a coach to help you along your journey? Click the button below to schedule your New You Intro. We will chat about your goals, create a plan for you to reach them and all you have to do is follow that plan!